8th edition of International
PARIS SUMMER ACADEMY
3 to 28 August 2020
Application >>>>> WILL BE OPEN SOON
Follow us on FACEBOOK
PSA is a GREEN program.
Applications are to be submitted ONLINE
Paris Summer Academy (PSA) is the meeting spot for innovative workshops around Dance, Physical theatre, Performance & Live art as well as Body-Mind research methods. PSA is a summer intensive project initiated and organised by ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company in partnership with the CITÉ INTERNATIONALE DES ARTS DE PARIS & the MICADANSES. The program is open to all curious and open-minded Dancers, Physical theatre actors and Performance artists who are willing to expand their abilities towards a cutting edge horizon. In 2019, PSA’s guest teaching-artists and companies were: ULTIMA VEZ Company (Brussels, Belgium), Toula LIMNAIOS Company (Berlin, Germany), Willi DORNER Company (Vienna, Austria), Mehdi FARAJPOUR / ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company (Paris, France), Sol PICO Company (Barcelona, Spain),…
# SOL PICO (Barcelona, Spain) /// Contemporary Dance /// Click on the name of the artist for more information about the style, shows,…
# WILLI DORNER (Vienna, Austria) /// Urban Contemporary Dance & Performance /// Click on the name of the artist for more information about the style, shows,…
# Toula LIMNAIOS (Berlin, Germany) /// Contemporary Dance /// Click on the name of the artist for more information about the style, shows,…
# Mehdi FARAJPOUR (Paris, France) /// A Meditative Dance Landscape /// Click on the name of the artist for more information about the style, shows,…
# ULTIMA VEZ Company (Belgium) /// Physical Theatre and Contemporary Dance /// Summary: participants of this workshop will study the vocabulary from several ULTIMA VEZ shows with the company’s artists in order to understand the most important aspects of these performances. Participants explore and confront Vandekeybus’ energetic vocabulary through floor work, partner and contact work and movement as a ‘theatrical act’ rather than as a ‘technique’ /// Click on the name of the company for more information about the style, shows,…
# Olivier GERMSER (France) /// Contemporary Urban Dance /// Olivier Germser is a dancer and choreographer for about twenty years. He is the founder of TANGOSUMO Company but before getting entirely involved in this new adventure, he has also founded various dance companies such as Longitude, After Eight, or Saltindanses. /// Summary: During 30 hours workshops at PSA 2018, Olivier will work on togetherness of performers with a special focus on his wonderful choreographies such as FUERA FISSA, LES ACHILLES & AROUND /// A Note by Olivier: A chorus of dancers in a headlong race, attempting a metamorphosis. They synchronize their breathing to explore their limits. Slowly to begin with, then incredibly quick. Together, no matter what. Dance like a torrent which hurtles down, melt together as one.
Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris & Micadanses Dance Center (Salle MAYB)
PARIS SUMMER ACADEMY 2020 will run from 3 to 28 August 2020.
WEEK 1 (3 to 7 August 2020):
– With TOULA LIMNAIOS Company / 10h-14h
WEEK 3 (17 to 21 August 2020): This week is decided in two parts.
From 17 to 19 August:
– With ULTIMA VEZ Company / 10h-17h
From 20 to 21 August:
– With MEHDI FARAJPOUR – ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company / 10h-17h
CLOSING SHOW: 28 August 2020 / 20h / Micadanses (The show will be done under the artistic supervision of the choreographer: SOL PICO).
Fulfil and submit the ONLINE application form.
Contact us for more information via: parissummeracademy(at)gmail(dot)com
– The Academy’s capacity is limited.
– Early applications would have the priority to be considered for the program.
– You will receive an answer for your application in a couple of days after submitting your application.
– The Academy’s main language is English for both communication and teachings.
– PSA is a creative summer intensive program where artists from all around the world come together (since 2013).
– PSA ex-participating-artists would benefit of a reduced tuition fee (100€ off).
– PSA is supported by Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris and Micadanses Dance Center.
– PSA can provide ACCOMMODATION but only for FULL PROGRAM applicants.
– The Academy would end up with a Final performance. Performing in this show is not obligatory.
– PSA will deliver a CERTIFICATE to the FULL PROGRAM participants at the end of PSA 2020.
– The Academy will be closed during weekends in August 2020.