10th edition of International
PARIS SUMMER ACADEMY
1 – 26 August 2022
>>>>>>>>>> APPLICATION FORM <<<<<<<<<<
Follow us on FACEBOOK
PSA is a GREEN program.
Applications are to be submitted ONLINE
Paris Summer Academy (PSA) is a unique of its kind professional summer intensive program with an interdisciplinary approach to different art forms including Contemporary dance, Physical theatre, Performance art, Voice,…
PSA is not a regular training program but an artistic meeting spot for practical researches and innovative performing methods led by a group of internationally recognised artists and companies. PSA is a project initiated by Mehdi Farajpour and organised by ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company in partnership with the CITÉ INTERNATIONALE DES ARTS DE PARIS and MICADANSES Dance Venue. The program is open to all curious and open-minded Dancers, Physical theatre actors and Performance artists, who are willing to expand their skills, abilities and imagination towards a cutting edge horizon.
PSA has collaborated with the following companies and artists since 2013: ULTIMA VEZ Company (Brussels, Belgium), Sol Pico Company (Barcelona, Spain), Miguel Pereira (Lisbon, Portugal), Jan Fabre Company (Antwerpen, Belgium), TangoSumo Company (France), ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company (Paris, France), Toula Limnaios Company (Berlin, Germany), Elke Luyton (USA), MAQAMAT / Omar Rajeh & Mia Habis (LB), Gwen Sampé (USA, France), Katie Duck (USA, Holland), Anatoli Vlassov (Russia), Skye Reynolds (UK, Australia), Francesco Kiais (Italy, Greece), Anthony Howell (UK), Olivier Germser (France), Olivier de Sagazan (France), Mehdi Farajpour, …
Teaching artists & companies of PSA 2022:
1) cie. toula limnaios (Germany)
2) Volmir Cordeiro (France)
3) Miguel Pereira (Portugal)
4) Olivier Germser (France)
5) Mehdi Farajpour (France, Iran)
6) Gwen Sampé (USA, France)
Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris
Micadanses Dance Center (Salle MAY B)
WEEK 2 (8 to 12 August 2022):
8 of August:
– EMPTY BODY DANCE workshop with Mehdi Farajpour (10h-17h)
From 9 to 12 August:
– Warm up and REPERTORY learning of ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company (10h-12h)
– CONTEMPORARY DANCE workshop with Volmir Cordeiro (13h-17h)
WEEK 4 (22 to 26 August 2022):
– CONTEMPORARY DANCE workshop & Performance Lab with Olivier Germser (10h-14h)
– Rehearsals and preparation for the FINAL SHOWING (15h-17h)
FINAL SHOWING: 26 August 2022 – 8pm
– Fill in the online application form and make sure all information is filled in correctly.
– Please note that if any part of this form is incomplete, your application will be ignored.
– Earlybird applications would have the priority to be considered for the program.
– PSA’s capacity is limited to 25 artists from all around the world.
– Artists from all artistic disciplines related to body and movement are welcome to apply.
– PSA is a creative research based intensive program not a regular dance training program nor a workshop supermarket.
– PSA is a professional intensive program focused on the initiative forms in Performing arts (Workshops and Performance Labs in the field of Contemporary dance, Performance, Physical theatrical forms and actions,…).
– Returning PSA artists would automatically get 100€ reduction.
– PSA’s main language is English during both registration and teachings.
– PSA is supported by the Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris and Micadanses dance venue.
– PSA can provide ACCOMMODATION for FULL PROGRAM participants (called PSA’s Resident artists) for the whole period of the program.
– PSA has the possibility of accommodating a limited number of Full program participants (Called PSA’s resident artists) in partnership with La Cité Internationale des Art de Paris.
– Resident are not allowed to host guests Into their accommodation.
– The Academy will come to an end with a Final performance. Performing in this show is not obligatory.
– PSA does not have any scholarships to offer. However, we can provide you with supporting letters (If accepted).
– PSA will deliver a CERTIFICATE exclusively to the FULL PROGRAM participants (Either resident-artist or non resident-artists).
– PSA’s main language is English (For both administration and workshops).
– PSA will run all through August 2022 (Except weekends).
– Any question? Drop us an email to parissummeracademy(at)gmail.com
– Total refund would be applicable in case of emergency cancelations caused by an unpredictable natural event and/or a force majeure (Earth quick, flood, death, public health alerts, border’s closure) that would prevent the program from being unrolled. Canceling for other reasons such as family issues, education, personal schedule changes,… are not eligible for refund.