11th edition of International
PARIS SUMMER ACADEMY
2 – 25 August 2023
>>>>>>>>>> APPLICATION FORM <<<<<<<<<<
Follow us on FACEBOOK
Paris Summer Academy (PSA) is a unique type of professional summer intensive with an interdisciplinary approach to different art forms including Contemporary Dance, Physical Theatre, Performance Art, and Voice among others.
PSA does not fit into the usual dance training program mould. Rather, it is an artistic meeting spot for practical research and innovative performing methods, led by a diverse group of internationally recognised artists and companies. PSA is a project initiated by Mehdi Farajpour and organised by ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company in partnership with the CITÉ INTERNATIONALE DES ARTS DE PARIS and MICADANSES Dance Venue. The program is open to all curious and open-minded dancers, physical theatre actors and performance artists who are willing to expand their skills, abilities and imagination towards a cutting edge horizon.
Thus far, PSA has collaborated with the following companies and artists: ULTIMA VEZ Company (Belgium), Sol Pico Company (Spain), Miguel Pereira (Portugal), Jan Fabre Company (Belgium), TangoSumo Company (France), ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company (France), Toula Limnaios Company (Germany), Elke Luyton (USA), MAQAMAT / Omar Rajeh & Mia Habis (Lebanon), Gwen Sampé (USA, France), Katie Duck (USA, Netherlands), Anatoli Vlassov (Russia), Skye Reynolds (UK, Australia), Francesco Kiais (Italy, Greece), Anthony Howell (UK), Olivier Germser (France), Olivier de Sagazan (France), Volmir Cordeiro (Brazil), Mehdi Farajpour…
Teaching artists / companies of PSA 2023:
1) ULTIMA VEZ Company (Belgium)
2) ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company (France)
3) Alpo Aaltokoski Company (Finland)
4) Miguel Pereira (Portugal)
5) To be announced soon
Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris
Micadanses Dance Center (Salle MAY B)
WEEK 1 (2 to 4 August 2023):
– ULTIMA VEZ Company dance language workshops (10h00-13h00)
– ULTIMA VEZ Company dance language workshops (14h00-17h00)
WEEK 2 (7 to 11 August 2023):
– Live Art workshops with Miguel Pereira (10h00-13h00)
– Performance Labs with Miguel Pereira (14h00-17h00)
WEEK 3 (14 to 18 August 2023):
– Workshops & repertory of ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company (10h00-13h00)
– Workshops & repertory of ORIANTHEATRE Dance Company (14h00-17h00)
WEEK 4 (21 to 25 August 2023):
– Technique practice with Alpo Aaltokoski (10h00-11h30)
– Movement improvisation and choreography with Alpo Aaltokoski (12h00-14h00)
FINAL SHOWING under direction of Alpo Aaltokoski
25 August 2023 – 8:30pm Salle MAY B
– Fill in the online application form and make sure all information is filled in correctly.
– Please note that if any part of this form is incomplete, your application will be ignored.
– Earlybird applications have the priority to be considered for the program.
– PSA’s capacity is limited to 25 artists from around the world.
– Artists from all artistic disciplines related to body and movement are welcome to apply.
– PSA is a creative research based intensive program not a regular dance training program nor a workshop supermarket.
– PSA is a professional intensive program focused on Workshops and Performance Labs in the field of Contemporary Dance, Performance, Physical Theatre forms and actions…
– Returning PSA artists automatically receive 100€ reduction.
– PSA is supported by the Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris and Micadanses dance venue.
– PSA has the possibility of accommodating a limited number of Full Program participants (Called PSA’s resident artists) in partnership with the Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris.
– Resident artists are not allowed to host any guests in their studio-apartment.
– The Academy comes to an end with a Final Showing. Performing in this show is not obligatory.
– PSA does not offer any scholarships.
– PSA will deliver a CERTIFICATE exclusively to the FULL PROGRAM participants.
– PSA’s main language is English (for both administration and workshops).
– Any questions? Drop us an email at parissummeracademy(at)gmail.com